It’s funny how the minute we’ve eaten that last piece of pie on Thanksgiving day, Christmas suddenly appears. Out of nowhere every house in the neighborhood is aglow with tiny white lights, garland decorates every fireplace and staircase, and Christmas music pervades even the most unlikely places (the park anyone?).
I have to say I’m kind of loving it this year. Although I have a tendency to get jaded about the Hallmark quality of this holiday, the often over-the-top displays of consumerism and greed, I don’t feel that way this year. Granted, it is only the first day of December, but so far I’m just giving into the joy of it all. A few of the things I plan on enjoying during this holiday season:
- The intoxicating smell of cinnamon-scented pine cones
- Pulling out my monogrammed stockings
- Wishlistr (such a fun way to make your list)
- Gift guides galore (found great ones here and here)
- My Grandmom’s homemade rolls
- The warm glow Christmas tree lights give a room
- Stocking up on thank-you notes early
- Longing after a pretty dress for a holiday party I’m not even invited to yet
What are you looking forward to?